Tuesday, January 24, 2012

New toy for my 22? Elftmann Tactical


I have been looking for a solution to make my "old faithful" Marlin Model 75C (which is really the old version of the current Model 60) into a rifle with a shorter length of pull and generally much smaller. Mount a holographic red dot on top (very inexpensive alternatives are available that can handle the non-existent recoil of a 22) and you have a very capable little rifle to plink or hunt small game. I love the idea of a 22 that can be carried with negligible impact to your weight and could even be strapped onto the side of a 3-day pack.

The guys at Elftmann Tactical have put together the product pictured above, which appears to be of significantly higher quality than the bolt-together plastic alternatives previously available. They offer it for both the Marlin and the Ruger 10/22, which covers an a amazing amount of the 22 market share. If I can get my hands on one, I will follow up with a review. Here is a link to the Elftmann site.

No comments: